who are we?
We are peaceNOWhere (Sally Chaffer) (also referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’). For contact details please refer to our home page
our commitment to privacy
Your privacy is important to us. This notice is intended to help you understand the information we collect in connection with the services and products we provide and how we use and process it
This privacy notice, together with our terms and conditions and cookies notice, set out the way we collect, use, share, store and safeguard your personal data, and the reasons for doing that. It also sets out below your individual rights; in summary these include your right to know what data is held about you, how your data is processed and how you can place restrictions on the use of your data
your personal data – what is it and how do we collect it?
Personal data is any information relating to a natural person who is identifiable, either directly or indirectly, from that data. This may include your name and contact details, any messages or information you may have provided, and details related to any products and services you may have purchased. It may also include more sensitive ‘special categories’ personal data relating to, but not limited to, an individual’s health
We collect this personal data from your interaction with our website, from your email communications, from telephone conversations/texts and in the case of personal treatments, from paper-based forms
Where you disclose the personal data of others, you must ensure you are entitled to do so
When adding products or services to your basket on our web pages, we also collect your unique online electronic identifier, commonly known as an ‘IP address’, which is required as part of our shopping process. If the transaction is cancelled before an order is confirmed, all related data, including the IP address, is immediately deleted
what do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- to process orders and payments for products and services;
- to process client treatment records;
- to keep you informed about news, events, activities, products and services, and;
- to operate our website and maintain our own accounts and records.
how do we process your personal data?
We control the processing of your data:
- by not collecting or retaining unnecessary or excessive amounts of data;
- by keeping your data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and;
- by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
what is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- your consent to take, retain and process records of your personal treatments;
- your consent about how you wish to be informed about news, events, activities and services;
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (or you have requested that we do something before entering into a contract with you); and
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with authorised third parties in the following circumstances:
- with our payment processor, currently PayPal, to process payments for products and services (through an encrypted connection);
- with workshop, retreat or other event venues to the extent that is necessary to meet our/their contractual obligations for the provision of products and services; and
- in any other circumstances, only with your explicit consent.
protecting your data
We will take all appropriate technical and organisational steps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity of your data, including when sharing your data with authorised third parties
how long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data:
- provided in respect of personal treatments, will be kept for at least 7 years following the last occasion on which treatment was given, or in the case of minors, at least 7 years after they reach the age of majority (18);
- provided to process orders for products and services (except personal treatments), will be kept for 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate;
- provided through the contact form and general emails (whether generated from website links or not), will be kept as stated above where they relate to personal treatments or orders for products and services, or for other data until the reason for its provision has been concluded;
- provided specifically for inclusion on marketing emailing lists will be retained as long as it remains current, and;
- provided specifically for inclusion on the feedback page will be retained indefinitely.
your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data (unless subject to an exemption under current Regulations) and may exercise them at any time:
- the right to request a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- the right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- the right, where applicable, to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability);
- the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- the right, (where applicable), to object to the processing of personal data, and;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or via email from their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this privacy notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing
Communication or actions through external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the privacy policies and terms and conditions of the respective social media platforms
You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage on them with due care and caution with regard to your own privacy and personal details. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact us by either phone or email
Our website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You are advised before using such social sharing buttons that you do so at your own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page through your social media platform account
changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check online frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice
Please see our cookies notice for details of our policy and information regarding cookies and how we use them on this site
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please, in the first instance, contact us by or by phone on 07884 332644